Some design trends have made an appearance in 2016 and will continue to rule in 2017, while some have overstayed their welcome. Here are 8 design trends that promise to hit it big in 2017, according to Realtor.com.
1. Geometric patterns – Embrace your memories of high school math with geometric throw pillows, wallpaper, and quirky planters.
2. Jewel tones – Indulge your regal side with rich emerald chairs, bold sapphire walls, and amethyst accents.
3. Cork – Embrace your eco-friendly side with cork walls that are trendy and functional.
4. Tropical influences – Decorate with lush tropical plants. Add accents in bright yellows, deep greens, and earthy oranges and reds to bring this creative look home.
5. Rich blues – Use different tones of blue to create a perfect relaxing space.
6. Wood accents – Look for modern wood clocks, sculptures, trays, and furniture that pair with today’s streamlined aesthetic.
7. Black stainless steel – Modernize your kitchen by choosing black stainless steel appliances.
8. Bold front doors – Try painting your front door in a bold color that can express your unique personal style.
Read more at Realtor.com