There are a great variety of energy-efficient upgrades available nowadays, especially for new homes. But there are also many low cost solutions or simple behavior changes that can help save you money in your home.
Country Living lists 10 ideas that could be accomplished in a weekend.
1. Consult a professional energy auditor
2. Use a programmable thermostat
3. Use next-generation power strips
4. Insulate your hot water pipes
5. Use a dishwasher consistently
6. Use a thermostatic shut-off valve
7. Perform a DYI air-pressure test
8. Be sprinkler savvy
9. Choose LED bulbs
10. Use ceiling fans and blackout curtains
Read more at Country Living